#Mubadala Energy has discovered gas in the Cengkih prospect in Block SK320 offshore Sarawak province, Malaysia.

The setting is close to the 1-Tcf Pegaga gas field in the Central Luconia Province, 220 km from the coast of Bintulu.

Read More: Mubadala announces gas discovery offshore Indonesia

The Cengkih-1 exploration well was drilled to a total depth of 1,680 m, encountering a gas column of more than 110 m in Miocene Cycle IV/V pinnacle carbonate reef reservoirs.

Mubadala operates Block SK320 with a 55% interest, with the remaining 45% held by Petronas Carigali and Sarawak Shell.

Read More: Mubadala delivers first gas from Pegaga offshore Malaysia

Petronas’ senior vice president of Malaysia Petroleum Management, Mohamed Firouz Asnan, said, “The discovery confirms the large potential of this proven carbonate play type in Central Luconia. The monetization of this discovery can be expedited with a lower cost given the proximity to the many existing facilities, including that of Pegaga, which started production in March this year.”

Since entering Malaysia in 2010, Mubadala Energy has participated in six gas discoveries with a success ratio of 75%.

Source: Offshore Mag


Read Here


Issue 80 of Robban Assafina

(July/ Aug. 2022)


Related News