Maritime Cyprus 2022 Conference
The “Maritime Cyprus 2022” Conference is scheduled to take place in Limassol between 9 and 12 October 2022 with physical presence. The Maritime Cyprus Conference is an established biennial event organised by the Shipping Deputy Ministry in cooperation with the Cyprus Shipping Chamber and the Cyprus Union of Shipowners and has grown into one of the world’s most significant shipping conferences since it was first organized back in 1989.
The Conference brings together more than 1000 participants, including shipowners, shipping executives, regulators and state officials from all over the world, including high-calibre speakers. Maritime Cyprus provides the opportunity to the participants to become familiar with the strong maritime tradition of Cyprus and the buzzing maritime cluster in cosmopolitan Limassol. Our endeavour is for Cyprus to maintain and enhance its role as an advanced, proactive, competitive maritime nation with a positive contribution both in Europe and internationally.
The main theme of this year’s Conference is “Shipping Response to the 3”C”s – Crises – Challenges – Competitiveness”.
The panel discussions included in this year’s programme, with the participation of high profile invited shipping specialists, will be discussing the main challenges shipping faces today (click here for the conference programme):
- Is the Regulatory framework ready to respond to the 3 Cs?
- The Role of Shipowners: Towards a sustainable, safe and resilient industry
- Collaborating Towards Greener Shipping
- Towards zero emissions in shipping: What is the tipping point?
- Taxonomy in shipping- A panacea or a detour to sustainable/green finance?
- Automated and autonomous shipping: Is the pace fast enough?
- Is Seafarers’ welfare and rights in jeopardy?
- Challenging the Communication Challenge
The Official Opening of the Conference will take place on Sunday, 9 October 2022. During the Opening Reception, the winner of the “Cyprus Maritime Award 2021” will be announced by H.E. the President of the Republic of Cyprus.
The main conference will be held, between 10th and 12th October 2022. The Official Opening of the working part will take place on Monday, 10th October 2022, by H.E. the President of the Republic of Cyprus.